Welcome to the Crimson Knights Forums! ! ! ! !

Please resgister if you have not already.
Welcome to the Crimson Knights Forums! ! ! ! !

Please resgister if you have not already.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team Immobolization

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pokefan362
CK Apprentice
CK Apprentice
Pokefan362

CK Aura : 176
Respect : 0

Team Immobolization Empty
PostSubject: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:49 pm

Hello. As the title suggests, this team is designed to spread paralysis around the opposing team and abuse it via flinching moves. I have not had much success with this team as I had hoped, although it may just be because I don't play so well. I've been in kind of a rut, and this is my last team before that. I want to improve it. Please critique. This is both my standard team and my League team on various leagues.

Team at a glance:
Team Immobolization Dpiconani260 Team Immobolization Dpiconani468 Team Immobolization Dpiconani485 Team Immobolization Dpiconani385 Team Immobolization Dpiconani130 Team Immobolization Dpiconani251
Team Immobolization 260
Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 236 HP/216 Def/56 Atk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
Swampert contributes a lot to my team as a counter to top physical threats like Tyranitar, Metagross, and Gliscor, as well as a great Stealth Rocker and phazer. Another bonus is that he resists Gyarados's weaknesses perfectly, contains only one weakness, and resists Stealth Rock making it a great pivot Pokemon and threat checker. I don't even know why I replaced Swampert, when I should have realized that his purpose is to act as defensive support and not as a sweeper. Hopefully I will use him better this time. Although Taunt and Grass Knot leads greatly annoy Swampert, he can usually get up Stealth Rocks sometime within the match.
---
Team Immobolization 468
Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/152 SAtk/104 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Togekiss is one of my main paralyzers and abusers, and he does a darn good job of it. He tanks and haxes out any special sweepers that dare go near him. Togekiss is definitely my MVP, as he makes himself useful nearly every match. Stealth Rock hurts, but Togekisses are still amazing. I decided to make use of Kiss's large Base Sp. Atk since she can take special hits well enough already, so I split the Special Defense. So far, I have not regretted that decision, as I have noticed little deficiency in Kiss's ability to take hits and a much better ability to deal damage. I'm using Nasty Plot in place of Aura Sphere because with Thunder Wave and Roost, Togekiss finds it easy to set up. I hardly found myself using Aura Sphere anyways.
---
Team Immobolization 143
Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 SpD
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Selfdestruct
- Earthquake
- Crunch

I used to have a SpecsTran here, which I liked, but now I have decided to use CB Snorlax instead. Although the damage output is not nearly as high, the paralysis chance of Body Slam and added bulk, as well as the retained resistance of Fire and Ice attacks makes Snorlax a great option as well. CB Snorlax usually spams Body Slam, Selfdestructing when health gets low. There's not much that can be said. Snorlax benefits from the paralysis and fits in with the theme
---
Team Immobolization 385
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs:240 HP/36 Atk/160 Def/76 SDef/
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Fire Punch
- Body Slam

Jirachi is my second main paralyzer and he can abuse it really well too. Although he is, unfortunately, walled by Waters, Jirachi usually manages to paralyze and hax out stuff, much like Togekiss. I gave Jirachi Fire Punch because I just hate Scizors, Lucarios, and Bronzongs. Suicune and Celebi already covers Waters enough in my opinion. Oftentimes, Jirachi can pass Wishes to weakened Pokes, so he is a very valuable member of my team.
---
Team Immobolization 130
Gyarados (M)@Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
-Waterfall
-Dragon Dance
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
Gyarados has been replaced by Suicune, but after some changes to my team (including the addition of SpecsTran), I have put Gyarados back onto my team as a great RestTalker and potential sweeper. Haunter has said that my team is weak to stuff like SDLuke, and so Gyarados is here to stop them from sweeping my team. Although Dragon Dance is there for the intimidation factor in the earlygame, it has allowed Gyarados a clear sweep many times after the opponent's Gyarados counters have been eliminated. Although the Rock weakness is unwelcome, Gyarados has fared better than Suicune.
---
Team Immobolization 251
Celebi @ Yache Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 232 HP/240 SpA/36 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

My third paralyzer. Celebi can spread paralysis and counter bulky waters (particularly Gyarados) extremely well. This Celebi serves as a nice utility counter and fits well onto my team. Hidden Power Fire nabs unsuspecting Steels and Celebi and provides good coverage with STAB Grass Knot, while retaining coverage against Breloom. I used to have a SubSeeder Celebi in this Celebi's place, but Stauffen/Kiryoku has recommended that I use this set instead as a lure and more instant answer to bulky waters and Tyranitar. Hopefully it will go over well. As for the item, I just hate Life Orb on a team like this. Although I no longer have the OHKO on Tyranitar, I can severely weaken it. The Yache Berry allows me to better take on Gyarados, Offensive Suicune, and Starmie. I am also considering Heal Bell>HP Fire since my team has problems against opposing paralysis teams.
--
Please help me make this team the best it can be! I'm sure there is a lot I could do better, but I need help to fix my mistakes. I might update this with a sprite lineup and a threat list later on. I'll also try to give better descriptions as I play a bit more with this team.
Back to top Go down
Rpgfan1994
Uber Admin
Uber Admin
Rpgfan1994

CK Aura : 2147483643

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:20 am

This is a good Team, if Lax can learn Explode, that would be better than Selfdestruct
Back to top Go down
Pokefan362
CK Apprentice
CK Apprentice
Pokefan362

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:23 am

It can't. Still, Selfdestruct is monstrous. Even with a burn it OHKOs Max HP/Max Def Vaporeon. So, anything else?
Back to top Go down
Rpgfan1994
Uber Admin
Uber Admin
Rpgfan1994

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:26 am

Not that I see..........I will look into it more.
Back to top Go down
Pokefan362
CK Apprentice
CK Apprentice
Pokefan362

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:26 am

OK thanks!
Back to top Go down
zachattach9
CK Apprentice
CK Apprentice
zachattach9

CK Aura : 193

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:08 am

PF, ur team is flawless. anyone that can beat me that bad can't improve any more
Back to top Go down
Pokefan362
CK Apprentice
CK Apprentice
Pokefan362

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:27 am

Really? Thanks for the compliment, but I do not believe that.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aaron
Novice
Novice
Sir Aaron

CK Aura : 70

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Man, you're gonna have to help my team. This team looks really good.
Back to top Go down
zachattach9
CK Apprentice
CK Apprentice
zachattach9

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:16 pm

can i help too? i'm smexier than PF and just as good, so ya...
Back to top Go down
Sir Aaron
Novice
Novice
Sir Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:59 pm

I would reply to that, but that'll be off topic.

But I like that idea. It's very frustrating when everyone is paralyzed.
Back to top Go down
zachattach9
CK Apprentice
CK Apprentice
zachattach9

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:15 pm

he parahaxed me four times in a row once... XD
Back to top Go down
Sir Aaron
Novice
Novice
Sir Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:46 pm

That sucks. I had 3 crits in a row. That helped a ton.
Back to top Go down
Pokefan362
CK Apprentice
CK Apprentice
Pokefan362

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 6:22 pm

Haven't had as much luck with this as before, but this team is still quite solid. Can anyone find some flaws? Please?
Back to top Go down
Rpgfan1994
Uber Admin
Uber Admin
Rpgfan1994

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:27 pm

Hey, I noticed that Celebi has Leaf Stome instead of Grass Knot, why?

That could be a life and death move, I have learned from experiance.
Back to top Go down
Pokefan362
CK Apprentice
CK Apprentice
Pokefan362

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:29 pm

Because since I have Sp. Atk. investments anyways I just want to hit my targets as hard as possible. Leaf Storm's Sp. Atk. drop has not done me in yet. In fact, more often than not, it saves me.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aaron
Novice
Novice
Sir Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:31 pm

Oh, I thought it did that everytime.

Hmm...
Back to top Go down
Pokefan362
CK Apprentice
CK Apprentice
Pokefan362

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 6:34 pm

What did what?
Back to top Go down
zachattach9
CK Apprentice
CK Apprentice
zachattach9

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:38 am

Rpgfan1994 wrote:
Hey, I noticed that Celebi has Leaf Stome instead of Grass Knot, why?

That could be a life and death move, I have learned from experiance.

Yes, rpg, leaf storm is much better for celebi, it wned my special wall with a stat drop...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Immobolization   Team Immobolization Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Immobolization
Page 1 of 1